Students must be age 3 to 5-years-old and potty trained.
Our curriculum is built on the philosophy that early childhood learning, in combination with physical education, will better prepare children for their introduction into elementary education.
We implement the Movin’ and More curriculum which emphasizes physical education for the preschool age child. We believe, as many educators do, that it is imperative to give children the fundamental foundation for their physical development.
The academic portion of this curriculum consists of learning the alphabet, shapes, numbers one to ten and colors.
How to Register
It’s easy to register for the Ed-Venture Kids Academy. You have two options:
- 1. Download the registration packet, fill out all the forms and fax them to 817-453-0337. (While this page is under construction, please call or visit the office for registration forms).
- 2. Visit our office to enroll in person at 1003 Magnolia St. Mansfield TX. 76063.
For help with after school program registration, give us a call at 817-473-4944.
Age is Only a Number
The Kindergarten Survival Handbook by Allana Elovson, PhD gives several examples of things that your child should know before being enrolled in a kindergarten program. While some of these things may seem like they do not have much to do with school, they are each important stepping stones in a child’s growth and development.
A Typical Day at the Ed-Venture Kids Academy Preschool
9:00 a.m. – 9:40 a.m. Circle Time
9:40 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. Physical Education
10:15 a.m. – 10:55 a.m. Arts and Crafts
10:55 a.m. – 11:25 a.m. Outside Adventure
11:25 a.m. – 12:05 p.m. Restroom Break/Lunch
12:05 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. Education Station
12:45 p.m. – 1:20 p.m. Locomotor Skills/Open Gym
1:20 p.m. – 1:40 p.m. Wash Hands/ Get Drinks
1:40 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Manipulatives / Table Tops
And at 2:00 p.m. it’s time to go home!
The Goal: Ready for Kindergarten
Let us help get your child ready for kindergarten – these are the skills we focus on, and we’ll keep you updated at your annual teacher/parent conference:
- Know their name (first and last), age and gender
- Name parts of their body
- Know some words for how things feel (hard, soft, smooth, wet, dry)
- Understand the speech of children and adults other than their family members
- Tell someone how they are feeling (tired, sad, happy, angry)
- Be comfortable away from their parents or caregiver, and with new adults and children
- Play with other children without having a lot of fights
- Walk backwards for six or seven steps without turning to look behind
- Run without falling frequently
- Hold a pencil or crayon with their thumb and fingers
- Cut with scissors
- See differences in size
- Tell if two smells are the same or different
- Point to a real object and then find a picture in a book or magazine
- Books, letters and notes are words written down that tell us things
- Numbers like three, six and two can also be written down as 3,6,2
- Gross motor skill development
- Participate in physical activity (outdoor obstacle course, rock climbing, etc.)
- Become familiar with gym equipment
Please download the EKA Kindergarten Readiness Evaluation for more details on curriculum.
Monthly Tuition depends on how many children you enroll and how many days per week they attend. Tuition is based on a four-week month:
Two Days Per Week
Monthly tuition is $189.00 plus $170.00 for each additional sibling.
Three Days Per Week
Monthly tuition is $265.00 plus $239.00 for each additional sibling.
Five Days Per Week
Monthly tuition is $407.00 plus $366.00 for each additional sibling.
Tuition is due on the last Friday of each month, and we charge a $10 late fee if tuition isn’t paid by the due date. Download the Pricing/ Holiday Schedule for a schedule of due dates and other helpful information.
Two-Day Program: meets Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Three-Day Program: meets Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Five-Day Program: meets Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
For the following holidays, the Ed-Venture Kids Academy preschool is closed, and tuition is not credited or prorated:
- Labor Day Monday Sept 1
- Student Holiday Friday Oct 10
- Thanksgiving Nov 24-28
- Christmas Dec 22-Jan 5
- Student Holiday Monday May 25
- M.L.K. Day Monday Jan 19
- President’s Day Monday Feb 16
- Spring Break March 9-13
- School Holiday Friday April 3
We’ve tried to anticipate your questions, but if you’ve got one not answered below, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We’re happy to help.
The Movin’ and More curriculum, which forms the basis for all we do in the Ed-Venture Kids Academy preschool program, is structured in a progressive, building block format:
- Bronze Level addresses the minimum requirements for entering Kindergarten when enrolled for two years.
- Silver Level is required to assure that we cover all the necessary material needed if your child has one year left before entering kindergarten.
- Gold Level is our most comprehensive curriculum, addressing introduction of words, math and science subjects along with an intermediate level of gymnastics and physical fitness.
See samples of the skills we teach at each levels in the information box to the right. Please click here for more details to help you decide how many days is best for your child.
After relocating to Texas in 2007 Ally became the employee trainer and then Assistant Director for Child Time Learning Center in Arlington. She joined Spirals in 2012 where, in addition to teaching her wonderful preschoolers, she is also the After School training and licensing administrator.
“Preschool is my passion. I am mostly rewarded when working directly with children. I love each child’s individuality and I enjoy figuring out what each child loves to do so I can better help foster their own passions.”