|Become a Counselor In Training!||Back to Camps menu|
NEW FOR 2023: The CIT program is now available at both our locations.
Age Requirement: Grades 7 - 8 (must be at least entering 7th grade in the Fall).
Ed-Venture Camp is held from 9:00am – 4:00pm.
Extended times are available upon request (7:30am – 9:00am & 4:00pm – 6:30pm).
The Counselor in Training program is for 7th and 8th graders. These kids are in the transition years between being a camper and becoming an employee. The CIT program offers kids an introduction to the camp work environment while offering them the opportunity to also be part of camp activities. CITs will learn skills that will carry over into the Junior Counselor position and other future employment. This is the beginning of a training program for future camp counselors.
Benefits of the CIT program:
- The CIT program gives highly-motivated 7th and 8th graders on-the-job training in a fun environment.
- The program is designed for peer bonding and personal development.
- CITs are given the opportunity to develop leadership skills, and improve their personal goal setting and motivation.
- The CIT’s day is filled with camp activities, job responsibilities, and plenty of time for hanging out with friends.
All prospective CITs must fill out an application, complete the online training and submit the final questionnaire before being accepted into the CIT program. Previous CITs must complete training every season. You will not be able to register for camp prior to completing the training.
In order to give the CITs the best training experience possible, there is a limit of 14 CITs per week of camp.
Being a CIT is a lot of fun, but it comes with its share of duties and responsibilities.
- Assist the Group Leader in teaching skills/techniques of camp activities.
- Lead some camp activities that promote social interaction of all campers, sportsmanship, fun and work to achieve camp goals.
- Actively participate in daily lessons, facilitate and encourage social participation among campers.
- Treat all campers with the same respect. Include all campers in activities, modifying games or activities to accommodate everyone.Escort campers to various camp activities.
- Maintain equipment storage areas.
- Be responsible for the proper handling of camp equipment.
- Maintain appropriate staff behavior around campers at all times.
- Follow the camp staff dress code.
- Comply with the rules, policies, and procedures of the camp.
- Serve as a positive role model in personal language, appearance, and health habits.
- Help younger children be at ease at camp and with camp activities.
- Always report anything amiss directly to the Camp Director.
|Registration Fee:||$25 per camper|
|Daily Rate:||$30 per day 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
$39 per day 7:30 am – 6:30 pm
(no sibling discount)
|Option||First Child||Additional Child|
|9:00 am to 4:00 pm||$90||$80|
|7:30 am to 4:00 pm||$114||$92|
|9:00 am to 6:30 pm||$138||$104|
|7:30 am to 6:30 pm||$146||$108|
Pre-registration for camp closes weekly at 10 am on the Friday prior to the upcoming camp week. Any registrations received after 10 am are subject to the walk-in rate of $30 per day or $120 per week not including before and after care.Multiple Week Registration
You may reserve multiple weeks of camp when you register. A non-refundable, non-transferable $10.00 per week reservation fee will hold your spot until the Thursday before each additional week you would like to register for.
How To Register For Camp
It's as easy as
|Create an account or log in|
|Choose which weeks|
No matter the age, the purpose of Ed-Venture Camp is to provide an exceptionally fun and educational day camp program.
Explore your options and give your kids the Ed-Venture of a Lifetime!